Marinated Grilled Veggies
1 red bell peppers
1 yellow bell peppers
1 lb fairy tale eggplants (approx) or 1 small/med eggplant
3 baby leeks
1 TBSP white wine or herb vinegar
1 small garlic clove
salt and pepper
1. Wash all your vegetables. Heat the grill or grill pan. Put your whole peppers on it, and get them really black on all sides. Put the hot peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. This steams the peppers and makes them easier to peel.
2. Slice your zucchini lengthwise about 1/4 inch thick and grill until nicely charred on both sides. Remove and lay them in a single layer on a dish towel.
3. Grill the fairy tale eggplants whole, until soft and well charred. If using a large eggplant cut across into slices about 1/2 inch thick. Grill the eggplant slices, turning them 4 times until nicely marked, then remove and lay them on another dish towel.
4. Boil the baby leeks in salt water until they are just cooked. Then drain, rub with a little oil and grill until marked.
5. Peel the peppers and remove the seeds. Slice into long strips. Combine all the vegetables in a large bowl.
6. In a mortar and pestle combine a handful of basil and a pinch of salt and mash into a smooth paste. Add about 4 TBSP of olive oil and 1 TBSP vinegar. Pour this over the vegetables. Add 1 clove of finely sliced garlic, whole basil leaves and salt and pepper to taste!
Serve room temperature or cold!
|A base of steamed broccoli, sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes topped with roasted veggies, sweet potato, avocado, grilled chicken and roasted red pepper dressing!|